Anguilla is a small island located in the Caribbean, about six miles from St. Maarten (SXM). It is the northern-most of the Leeward Islands.
Known for its white sand beaches, turquoise waters, friendly locals, and delectable cuisine, Anguilla is considered by many to be one of the Caribbean’s best-kept secrets.
Dining options range from beachside shacks to fine dining institutions that offer fresh seafood and native Caribbean cuisine influenced by Spanish, French, English, and African cultures.
In addition to excellent restaurants, Anguilla features 33 world-class beaches, great scuba diving and a perfect balance of high-end style and casual island elegance.
FERRY / TRANFERS
- Fly directly into Anguilla from San Juan, Puerto Rico or Miami, Florida
- Fly into St. Martin/Maarten (SXM) and transfer to Anguilla in one of the following ways:
- Public ferry (from St. Maarten’s Marigot Ferry Port – French Side) to Anguilla’s Blowing Point Ferry Terminal
- Private or semi-private speedboat (from St. Maarten’s Airport Ferry Terminal – Dutch side to Anguilla’s Blowing Point Ferry Terminal)
- Fly from St. Maarten to Anguilla, a comfortable but expensive option
CAR RENTAL / TAXIS
Most guests rent a car at least for part of their stay. Altamer Luxury Villas has a selection of rental cars available at the property (provided by Island Car Rental). Rental rates range between US$ 250.00 (regular car) and US$ 450.00 (large van) per week or between US$ 40.00 and US$ 85.00 per day.
We recommend reserving your car rental with our front desk in advance. If you prefer to rent from another car rental company, we can certainly assist as well. Please remember that you need a local driving license (provided by the car rental company). The cost for the local driving license is US$ 15.00 for up to 3 days or US$ 25.00 for up to 3 months.
The use of an Anguilla taxi service is encouraged whenever possible to stimulate the local economy, especially when transferring to/from Altamer and the airport or ferry terminal. There are many wonderful taxi services on Anguilla that can provide our guests with everything from short transfers to full island tours.